Dec 8–10, 2020
9:00 am MST - 2:00 pm MST
Why take this CSM course?
That’s easy: Beyond learning the Scrum framework our trainers will inspire, challenge, and motivate you.
- Learn the underlying Agile principles, practices, techniques to succeed as a ScrumMaster®.
- Gain insights on how to facilitate, coach, resolve conflict and lead a team.
- Benefit from real world industry experiences so the course material remains relevant to your needs.
After completing this course you can opt-in to become a Certified ScrumMaster® by passing a short exam on the Scrum Alliance website.
What to expect
We take training and learning seriously and take your decision to spend time advancing your skills and improving yourself seriously. As such, we use the latest training approaches and techniques, and we bring energy and fun, to ensure you have the best possible experience and learn as much as possible.
- Brain-based training to dramatically increase learning and retention
- Expect to be challenged and look at ways you need to change to help your team be more successful
- Opportunities throughout the course to focus on your real-world situations
- Advanced and cutting-edge skills and techniques to deal with the specific challenges you are facing
- In-depth engagement with your instructor and fellow attendees. If you are looking for a dry lecture, this class is NOT for you!
- Interactive, fun, and experiential learning — increasing safety and retention — laughing helps learning
Since this is a live online course, you’ll need the following:
- Desktop or laptop – tablets and phones will not work for the type of experience and engagement we will create
- Camera and microphone
- A quiet environment and/or a headset to filter out room noise
- Internet connectivity
- Ability to potentially download and print a multi-page workbook. We will attempt to send physical workbooks to registrants, but depending on when people register, where they’re living, and the challenges of shipping given the current world crisis, we may not be able to guarantee a physical workbook for all participants.
Course Topics & Learning Objectives
We go into detail on how to facilitate, coach, resolve conflict and lead a team, as well as share our industry experiences so our course material remains relevant. Some of the material covered during the 2-day workshop:
- Scrum Theory – The three legs of Scrum theory: transparency, inspection and adaptation are examined in detail.
- Scrum Framework Basics – The meetings, artifacts and roles which make up the Scrum process.
- Scrum Practices – Estimation, planning and other practices which are commonly used in Scrum.
- Scrum Leadership – What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster?
- Coaching and Facilitation – Coaching scenarios and facilitation techniques commonly used by ScrumMasters.
- Conflict Resolution and Building Trust – Helpful hints and techniques for building strong teams even if conflict exists.
By the end of our time together, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the Scrum framework to others
- Explain the difference between the Scrum framework and other processes and systems
- Be a successful ScrumMaster for a Scrum team
- Help a Scrum team plan successfully
- Create a personal plan for the future
What Participants Say
“I expected to get a ‘pre-recorded’ and ‘scripted’ class. Instead, I got a collaborative experience, which was worlds better than the typical trainings I’ve sat through.”
“Very practical and helpful information. It actually applies to more than just in the workforce. This class was very interactive, which helped our team significantly in learning and applying the material.”
Who should attend
f you work in an organization that creates any sort of product, then you are an ideal CSM candidate. While the course is primarily designed for people filling the role of ScumMaster, anyone who wants to help their organization be more successful is encouraged to attend.
If you are already on a Scrum team you will learn how to become a change agent to help your team achieve a higher level of success.
- Business Analysts
- Documentation Specialists
- Marketing People
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Members
- Sales People
- Operations and Support
- Technical Writers
Professional Development Units (PDU) for PMPs
Get credit for your continuing education. This CSM course earns 16 PMI PDUs or Scrum Alliance SEUs.
About the Instructor
Peter Green helps leaders discover how to create the outcomes they care about the most. He draws on a unique combination of deep empathy and keen insight developed by an almost stubborn insistence on staying actively involved in seemingly disconnected fields, including the creative arts, business, psychology, leadership, organizational design, and philosophy. Peter majored in music composition at Arizona State University. He is an in-demand trumpet player and recording engineer.
At Adobe Systems, Peter led an Agile transformation that enabled the shift to a subscription business model. He co-developed the Certified Agile Leadership program for the Scrum Alliance. He has trained, coached, and advised dozens of organizations to create outcomes that range from leadership development, to creating vision and strategy, to creating a culture of innovation, to clarifying and validating customer segments and needs, to reinventing business models and products, to creating high performing, Agile teams.
Peter is a Certified Scrum Trainer, a graduate of the ORSC coaching system, a certified Leadership Agility and Leadership Circle coach, a certified Innovation Games practitioner, and the co-founder of the Humanizing Work company. He is an avid reader and idea-combiner. He is a firm believer in the power of range and a growth mindset. He spends his working hours dedicated to nudging the world of work towards a more human-centric, meaningful, and prosperous future. He spends his other waking hours enjoying time with his wife and five kids, running, hiking, playing golf, and making music and visual arts.
Bring this training into your organization! Public courses are great for individuals or small groups to grow their skills in a cost-effective way. But there’s nothing like a private workshop that just includes people from your organization. Private workshops allow you to dig deep into your unique challenges and opportunities.
Register For This Event
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – December 2020
Dec 8–10, 2020
9:00 am MST - 2:00 pm MST