Mar 22–25, 2021
8:30 am MDT - 12:00 pm MDT
Expand your capability—and that of your senior management team—to lead an engaged organization in today’s rapidly changing business environment. Become a certified Agile leader and discover how you can harness the benefits of Agile, Lean and other creative organizational approaches to achieve healthy business growth in the midst of unpredictable challenges—without burning out or sacrificing your personal life.
Work with one of the team members who developed this certification for the international Scrum Alliance. You’ll explore the best information and scientific research from multiple fields of study to learn how effective leadership helps you achieve your purpose with the flexibility to capitalize on the strengths of your organization.
Throughout the program, you’ll also appreciate our brain-friendly training style—based on the science of adult learning—that employs interactive experiences in a collaborative setting.
What to expect
We take training and learning seriously and take your decision to spend time advancing your skills and improving yourself seriously. As such, we use the latest training approaches and techniques, and we bring energy and fun, to ensure you have the best possible experience and learn as much as possible.
- Brain-based training to dramatically increase learning and retention
- Expect to be challenged and look at ways you need to change to help your team be more successful
- Opportunities throughout the course to focus on your real-world situations
- Advanced and cutting-edge skills and techniques to deal with the specific challenges you are facing
- In-depth engagement with your instructors and fellow attendees. If you are looking for a dry lecture, this class is NOT for you!
- Interactive, fun, and experiential learning — increasing safety and retention — laughing helps learning
Since this is a live online course, you’ll need the following:
- Desktop or laptop – tablets and phones will not work for the type of experience and engagement we will create
- Camera and microphone
- A quiet environment and/or a headset to filter out room noise
- Internet connectivity
- Ability to potentially download and print a multi-page workbook. We will attempt to send physical workbooks to registrants, but depending on when people register, where they’re living, and the challenges of shipping given the current world crisis, we may not be able to guarantee a physical workbook for all participants.
Course Topics & Learning Objectives
Merge Agile approaches into your leadership style. Whether your organization applies Agile at the team level or you’re just getting your feet wet with an Agile framework, this Certified Agile Leadership® course will help you improve your ability to:
- Describe the origins of Agile and how it helps organizations thrive in complexity
- Apply an Agile approach to change
- Stay competitive in a continually evolving national and global marketplace
- Structure your organization according to principles of organizational agility, instead of silos, to better align efforts
By the end of our time together, you’ll be able to:
- Appreciate how to lead effectively amid uncertainty, complexity, and rapid change
- Demonstrate knowledge of Agile values, approaches, and practices
- Identify more creative solutions to leadership and organizational challenges through increased self-awareness, a mindset of growth, and the ability to engage with others
- Align and empower teams to deliver more customer value
- Personally integrate feedback and experiments into your leadership style
- Create a personal plan for the future
- Use a simple leadership language pattern that leads directly to higher autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Take a collaborative, continuous-improvement approach to organizational effectiveness
- Encourage change in others and facilitate organizational change
Additional Course Benefits
Who should attend
This course is for you if:
Professional Development Units (PDU) for PMPs
Get credit for your continuing education. This course earns 16 PMI PDUs or Scrum Alliance SEUs.
About the Course Facilitators
Peter helps leaders discover how to create the outcomes they care about the most. He draws on a unique combination of deep empathy and keen insight developed by an almost stubborn insistence on staying actively involved in seemingly disconnected fields, including the creative arts, business, psychology, leadership, organizational design, and philosophy. Peter majored in music composition at Arizona State University. He is an in-demand trumpet player and recording engineer.
At Adobe Systems, Peter led an Agile transformation that enabled the shift to a subscription business model. He co-developed the Certified Agile Leadership program for the Scrum Alliance. He has trained, coached, and advised dozens of organizations to create outcomes that range from leadership development, to creating vision and strategy, to creating a culture of innovation, to clarifying and validating customer segments and needs, to reinventing business models and products, to creating high performing, Agile teams.
Peter is a Certified Scrum Trainer, a graduate of the ORSC coaching system, a certified Leadership Agility and Leadership Circle coach, a certified Innovation Games practitioner, and the co-founder of the Humanizing Work company. He is an avid reader and idea-combiner. He is a firm believer in the power of range and a growth mindset. He spends his working hours dedicated to nudging the world of work towards a more human-centric, meaningful, and prosperous future. He spends his other waking hours enjoying time with his wife and five kids, running, hiking, playing golf, and making music and visual arts.
Richard Lawrence’s superpower is bringing together seemingly unrelated fields and ideas to create new possibilities. Drawing on a diverse background in software development, engineering, anthropology, design, and political science, Richard trains and coaches people to collaborate more effectively with other people to solve complex, meaningful problems.
Richard is a Scrum Alliance Certified Enterprise Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer, as well as a certified trainer of the accelerated learning method, Training from the Back of the Room. His book, Behavior-Driven Development with Cucumber, was published by Addison-Wesley in 2019 (for more information, visit bddwithcucumber.com).
When he’s not working with clients, you’ll often find Richard cooking, playing music, practicing Muay Thai, or flying down a mountain on his mountain bike.
Bring this training into your organization! Public courses are great for individuals or small groups to grow their skills in a cost-effective way. But there’s nothing like a private workshop that just includes people from your organization. Private workshops allow you to dig deep into your unique challenges and opportunities.
Register For This Event
Leading Organizational Transformation (CAL-E and CAL-O) – March 2021
Mar 22–25, 2021
8:30 am MDT - 12:00 pm MDT