Most agilists approach their work from a scarcity mindset. The reality is you have enough resources. What you have is an abundance of opportunity. Your job is to use the techniques that we have available to select the best opportunities.
In this episode, Peter and Richard talk with Luke Hohmann, best known as the creator of Innovation Games. We discuss how Luke moved from high-level figure skating into software development, how Innovation Games started, and what he’s doing now with his new company, FirstRoot, to bring participatory budgeting to schools.
- Connect with Luke: Twitter | FirstRoot Website | FirstRoot Curriculum
- Luke’s Books:
- More about Participatory Budgeting:
- City of San Jose Participatory Budgeting Overview: YouTube Video
- Luke as a champion figure skater: LA Times article
- Book about hostage rescue: On Wings of Eagles
- Kevin Rivette’s book about patents: Rembrandts in the Attic
- Forrester Articles on Serious Games:
- The economic impact of the racial wealth gap: McKinsey Report
- Tufts University study on state of democracy in U.S.: The Republic is Still at Risk
- More about “Teal Organizations”: